Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver installation problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GhostPoop

GhostPoop

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:44 AM

Not quite sure where this one was supposed to go, so if I've put it in the wrong place, I'd appreciate helping a newbie out and moving it. Thanks!

I have a compuer with windows 7 pro that doesn't seem to recognize the printer I'm trying to install (HP LaserJet P3005d). It's a local connection using a USB port, so it should install the driver automatically, but it fails to do so. I've tried to install the universal drive manually through HP's support site, but it still doesn't seem to want to recognize the driver.

The computer simply lists it in the device manager as "Generic USB Hub," but that's all it will do. I've tried to unistall it from device manager, then taken steps to install it manually, then plug it back in. Still nothing. Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone run accross this problem? I'm completely stumped here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

Hi GhostPoop :)

Let's see if you haven't other drivers that requires attention before installing the ones for your printer.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Devices - Only Problems;
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size;
      wNeKMCX.png
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users