Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install java 64 bit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chiguy74

chiguy74

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

Hi, I've been having an issue getting the 64 bit version of java to install on my computer. I have windows 7 and a 64 bit machine but every time I try to install I get an error code 1603 which says it's already on my machine. I've unistalled anything java related and am only able to get the 32 bit verison to download and install. I read that a Microsoft update KB2918614 was causing the problem and I've uninstalled that but still no luck. ANyone have any ideas as to why this is or how to fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:13 AM

Hi chiguy74 :)

Let's see what you have installed on your system right now.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
      Yjt97o0.png
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users