Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with YOU TUBE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 oscar_wilmington

oscar_wilmington

• Banned
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

Hello. My name is Oscar and for the first time ever, I purchased my own computer machine two months ago. Now as I'm sure you can understand, I am 81 years old and people my age aren't necessarily too adept with this contemporary electronic wizardry. So far I understand how to use the basic essentials, such as the internets, and how to mail the emails. My granddaughter also taught me how to take photographs with a digital camera, and how to give the photographs to the computer machine so that I may transmit them to people. I am only having two problems and would very much appreciate it if one of you younger fellas could assist me with your technological ingenuity.

Recently I signed up for the YOU TUBE. I think this is all very amazing. It is like free television and you can watch anything you want. I would like to make a few videos of my own to add to the YOU TUBE but I do not understand how. Do I have to phone the YOU TUBE and make an appointment with them so they can send their camera crew over to shoot my videos? I don't know their telephone number so if somebody here could give it to me that would be fantastic. Does this YOU TUBE camera crew require much space to set up their equipment? My place is not very large so I am hoping that this will not be an issue.

Here is my second question. Somebody told me that you can "convert" old VHS video cassettes so that they can be sent to your computer machine and put on the YOU TUBE. I have an old VHS video cassette of my nephew's wedding in Hawaii from 1989 and I tried to feed it to the computer machine but I was unsuccessful in my endeavor. I pushed that button on the front of the computer machine that opens the thing that looks like an ashtray. My granddaughter told me once that this part is for the new DVD video discs, so I figured that this must also be the part that takes the VHS cassette and sends it to the YOU TUBE, because it is the video part of the computer machine. I was able to carefully unwind and remove the tape reel from my VHS cassette with a fork. I tried to push the tape into the DVD video disc thing when it was open but it will not accept the tape. I thought it would start reeling the tape in and "convert" so that it could be sent to the YOU TUBE. I took a photo of what I have done so far and was able to figure out how to send the photo up on the forum. Perhaps the YOU TUBE men might be able to help me with this problem?

If anybody could tell me what I am doing wrong it would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

KZC7k30.jpg

Edited by oscar_wilmington, 30 March 2015 - 07:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

Hi oscar,

:welcome: to BC!

I'm sorry to tell you, you have damaged your VHS tape/cassette ! It must be inserted to a VHS player and convert the contents of that tape to computer readable form. So, in the current situation, I request you to get help from a nearest studio (or whatever you call where you are helped by a professional videographer/photographer) either to convert the VHS tape contents or to preserve the tape from further damage.

About Youtube, you will have to make the videos your own, using a camera (mobile/standalone), copy the video to your computer and then log into your youtube account or visit the link https://www.youtube.com/upload   and sign  in and upload the video.

Youtube will not provide the camera crew/ services.

Here is those steps:

Follow the steps below:
  1. Sign in to YouTube.
  2. Open the Guide in the upper left corner of the screen and navigate to My Channel (or directly touch the Upload icon on the guide.)
  3. Touch the Upload icon at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the video you want to upload from your Camera roll and touch the confirmation button.
Upload videos - YouTube Help - Google Help
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?hl=en

You may search in youtube for ' how to upload videos to youtube ' to watch the guiding videos...

Hope it helps... :)

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 29 March 2015 - 09:55 PM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 oscar_wilmington

oscar_wilmington
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

I don't understand. How have I damaged the VHS cassette? I thought the computer was supposed to "read" the tape in order to "convert" it so I would be able to send it to the YOU TUBE. Also what do you mean I have to make the videos on my own? I thought the YOU TUBE camera crew did these things. Do you mean they just bring the camera equipment to me and I use the cameras myself? You still didn't give me a telephone number so that I may contact the YOU TUBE and make my appointment.

Thank you for your fast response Nikhil_CV... may I ask, are you one of the owners of the internets? Or just one of the employees of the internets? I would also like to know when my bill for the internets arrives. It is almost the end of the month and I still have not received my bill in the mail. Perhaps you can walk over to the billing department in your building and ask them if Oscar Wilmington's bill has been mailed yet? Thank you very much.

Edited by oscar_wilmington, 30 March 2015 - 03:37 AM.

#4 oscar_wilmington

oscar_wilmington
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:42 AM

Also, you say there is a possibility that I have somehow damaged the VHS cassette? And you alluded to taking it to some kind of studio to fix the tape? How do I safely transport all this to this 'studio' that you speak of? I don't think I would be able to stuff all this into my pockets, so is there some kind of special bag I use?

4MJbk7n.jpg

#5 oscar_wilmington

oscar_wilmington
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:25 AM

It has been almost 6 hours since I last got a reply. Why am I paying $29.99 a month when I get such slow support?

#6 oscar_wilmington

oscar_wilmington
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:38 AM

Also, if you are one of the owners of the internets, would you consider going to the news floor and asking them to stop posting so many liberal news articles? I was on the CNN and MSNBC websites and was appalled by what I saw. This whole internets thing is a little too left-wing for my generation, so it would be nice if you could tone down the political bias a little.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,039 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:01 AM

G'day Oscar. I am not here to lend advice. I am here to compliment an 81 yr old, who apparently has bought his first pc, and has already mastered the keyboard, to the extent of finding this site/forum, joined it....acknowledged the resulting email etc inserted an underscore between his first and last name, and has not made even one spelling mistake in the entire process. ....and your paragraphing is quite incredible ....and managed to attach a pic to your post as well.......and you would have to be one of the very, very few 81 year olds still awake at 2 AM....you have been at this task since 5pm (your time)

words fail me Oscar....

Edited by Condobloke, 30 March 2015 - 04:03 AM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 oscar_wilmington

oscar_wilmington
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:19 AM

I surrender. I guess I didn't think think through the logistics of this very well, but it was fun while it lasted. In reality I'm just a 27 year old who was bored today/tonight lol.

#9 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

Since you thought it a good idea to waste the time of volunteers, please allow me to point out a few things that should have been obvious:

1: This forum is run 100% by volunteers who offer their free time to help relative strangers. A lot of our members and staff have been helped at one point and try to offer their help in turn.

2: If you are so bored that you have to resort to trolling help forums, I'd suggest there are much better things to do, you could consider actually trying to see if there's a topic you could help out in instead of just wasting everyone's time including your own. 

3: An online reputation is hard to get, but extremely easy to lose. Consider this your only and final warning. Any more trolling, in whatever form will lead to an immediate ban.

To avoid any further confusion this topic is now closed.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users