Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Don't know what gaming laptop to get?? Need help please!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 emart

emart

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:15 PM

Hello, i was looking into buying a gaming laptop and i know people will just say "get a gaming desktop," but i really want a laptop because they are portable so i can use it on the go. The question is that i don't know what laptop to get.. I was looking at a cyberpower laptop but idk if it gets good fps and its pretty bulky (1.44 inches). Could anyone tell me what gaming laptops are good. Like one that have a good processor and graphics card. If you could say what the fps might be on it that would be great. Thanks and my budget is like $1300

Edit: Topic moved from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Saving-Money/2014/0626/Are-you-a-gamer-A-guide-for-buying-laptops-for-gaming

#3 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:47 PM

This one gives you a couple hundred below your budget so you can soup up your system in key areas if you so choose: 

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-13/pd?oc=dkcwe04sc&model_id=alienware-13

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:53 AM

Hi, emart and welcome to the forum! Looking for a laptop that is suitable for gaming purposes can be tricky sometimes as there is a wide range of models offered from various manufacturers. With games, the main focus you want to look out for is the graphics card as it will typically determine how the game will run in terms of producing a playable frame rates.

For the budget of $1300, the Cyberpower Xplorer X6-9450 would has a GTX960M with a quad core i7 CPU and speedy 240GB SSD drive which will make everything snappier. 8GB of ram is plenty for gaming purposes as it is rare to see games use more than the allocated 8GB.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users