Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Warthog-Fan

Warthog-Fan

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:18 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571227/computer-runs-very-slow-for-hour-every-morning/ - Hamluis.

I have been having the same difficulty for several months now. When it started, I posted the problem here and got help from some of the experts. They instructed me to download and run several programs to try to indentify the problem, but there did not seem to be anything wrong. After I installed MalwareBytes, the problem got even worse.

When I start the Task Manager while I'm having the problem, I see that the process named SVCHOST seems to be using a lot of CPU time. I'm not sure what is going on but I've learned to live with it. Now I just start the computer and if it runs slow (or almost not at all) I go have another cup of coffee and come back later.

Edited by hamluis, 29 March 2015 - 01:28 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:42 AM

Indeed, one SVCHOST process has a very high peak memory usage (1 GB). It means that one or more Services has a problem resolving one or more problems. That's confirmed by the results of the Minitool Box.

- Open Task Manager (after say 20 to 30 minutes) and select the Svchost process with the highest memory usage. Then right click on that process and select "Go to Services". It then should highlight the names of the Services that are causing the problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users