Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cluless

Cluless

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:40 AM

Hi 

. A friend of mine has just bought a new Dell computer with Windows 8.1. She is disapointed there doesn't seem to be any games on it eg Titan and Chess like windows.Does anybody know where they are please? 

Regards

Cluey

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:03 AM

open the Windows Store and search for free games. Browse through and download whatever looks fun, or do a search for a specific game in the store and see if it is available (might not be free though).

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

Hi Cluless :)

I'm not sure if it's still the case in Windows 8.1, but games can be enabled/disabled under Windows 7 (at least). Go in the Control Panel and click on Programs. From there, click on Turn on and off Windows features. In the list that will appear, you should have an item called Games and there's various games under it, like Titan Mahjong and Chess. Check the games you want to play and they'll be enabled. You can search for them after and they'll come out. Let me know how it goes.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 tony007

tony007

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

I replied to this yesterday but my reply seems to have been deleted can someone tell me why my reply was deleted it was something like: I have windows 8 don't see why this would'ent work on windows 8.1 http://www.flyordie.com/

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

Tony, please check your private messages. Look on the upper right hand side of any forum page. There is an envelope icon which will display a number when you receive a private message.

If you have any questions regarding the pm please ask the one who sent it to you.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 30 March 2015 - 01:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users