Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox is up to shananigans again!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ExplodingMonkey

ExplodingMonkey

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

Hi Folks. Once again Firefox is making me mad, I woke up this morning, turned on the old compooter, started Firefox, and I have no URL bar. I've been trying to restore it, but no luck. Been searching the firefox forums for a few hours, found similar questions, but ...no cigar. I have version 36.0.4 of firefox. Can someone please explain how it disappeared and how to get it back?

I have tried re-installed Firefox.

Edited by ExplodingMonkey, 28 March 2015 - 07:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

Have you 'tapped' the F11 key...?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 ExplodingMonkey

ExplodingMonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:57 PM

Have you 'tapped' the F11 key...?

yes sir, that just does full screen

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:23 PM

Have you attempted reinstalling firefox?.....instructions are HERE   There are also other steps that can be followed......they are put there by Mozilla Support, and can therefore be trusted.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 ExplodingMonkey

ExplodingMonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

Have you attempted reinstalling firefox?.....instructions are HERE   There are also other steps that can be followed......they are put there by Mozilla Support, and can therefore be trusted.

I apologize, I thought I wrote in the OP that I did re-install.

#6 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:37 AM

They are a tricky lot and pesky too.    I read on CNN I think that they are planning to install updates without asking permission because they think we aren't timely enough -- I hate their updates because it usually screws up something.

I used to like Firefox but now they are getting to be a regular pain.

No solution - just commiserating.    WHY do they keep "improving" things to the point they aren't worth having I wonder?

#7 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,060 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

To ask, have you tried uninstalling, then deleting all traces of firefox's existence (copy away your bookmarks in a text file and stick them in a documents folder for now) and then reinstalling. Sometimes after a normal uninstall and reinstall there are settings files and preferences left within the program's folder.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#8 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:43 PM

Right-click an empty space where the tabs are and select Customize... The URL bar might be in there. Drag it back up to where it was. Or, alternately, click on Restore Defaults.

#9 B33p3r

B33p3r

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:03 PM

alt-v  then toolbars.........menus..........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users