Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Event ID 11 Wininit (DLL Injection?)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Garsquatch

Garsquatch

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

Hello, so about a month or two ago I removed a real nasty rootkit I got from a torrent (silly me, trusted downloaders only!).

Anyways, all has been fine, no issues, i'm very anal about keeping my computer clean.

Today however, I was browsing facebook, and my entire computer froze. I hit the hard reset button on the outside of my case, which did nothing for about 15 seconds and then my computer shut off instantly. No reboot, either. Thinking, hmm, this is suspicious, maybe it's a hardware problem -- I went to my event viewer, and I found nothing hardware related, no errors, warnings, or critical messages other than the unexpected shutdown, and this little puppy.

Warning - Event ID 11 - Wininit
Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Wininit" Guid="{206F6DEA-D3C5-4D10-BC72-989F03C8B84B}" />
<EventID>11</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-03-28T18:46:33.452427800Z" />
<EventRecordID>368427</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="788" ThreadID="820" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DaddyKewl</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="StringCount">0</Data>
<Data Name="String" />
</EventData>
</Event>

So I have no idea if this is being caused by my antivirus? (Currently running Avast free, as well as MBAE free, and SAS free)

I couldn't find anything recent with relevance to my situation, so I figured after years of lurking these forums, i'd reach out to you guys.

Is this harmless? Cause by my antivirus? Or should I be concerned?

I have a clean flash drive with all kinds of fun virus removal tools ready to go, just say the word.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Edited by hamluis, 28 March 2015 - 05:50 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users