Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thousands of hijacked WordPress sites redirect users to Exploit Kits

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

Thousands of Hijacked WordPress Sites Redirect Users to Exploit Kits - Security Week

The expert says the exploit kits are set up to serve various pieces of malware, including Cryptowall 3.0 ransomware, ad fraud malware, and banking Trojans. It just depends who rents loads' on these instances, Klijnsma noted.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

Over half of the compromised websites observed by the researcher and CERT-Bund are on the .com TLD, and based on their IP addresses, most of them are hosted in the United States. Other impacted websites are located in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, the United Kingdom, Italy, Poland, Canada and Singapore.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:02 PM

My guess is that running a script blocker in your browser would protect you from this sort of attack AS LONG as you don't allow any scripts whilst visiting a compromised site.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users