Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Igfxdev.dll ... malware???

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wilez

wilez

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

I just ran the Superantispyware Tool to check my computer for problems. It shows igfxdev.dll %systems as an UNKNOWN ITEM that has not been verified. I read that IGFXDEV.DLL is needed for start up and is digitally signed by MICROSOFT WINDOWS HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY PUBLISHER. However, the one that Superantispyware found is digitally signed by KARL SABO. (?) It does say the KARL SABO digital certificate as verified. It shows the file creation to be August 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM. My computer is much older than that. When I scanned for IGFXDEV.DLL in MY COMPUTER C Drive, it showed 10 app ext. ... six referred to DRIVERSTORE\FILE REPOSITORY, two to DRV\Graphics\Intel, and two just said System32. Am I supposed to have all this or could the DLL verified by Karl Sabo be malware? Many thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users