Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirection Malware on Chromebook - iLivid?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 leoliger

leoliger

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

I was playing around with my father's CHromebook and have noticed this iLivid webpage comes up when browsing. I know the behavior of it, and knew it was some sort of redirection malware. Mostly harmless, but very annoying. Since I have not really played around with a Chromebook before I tried researching about it, how to removed it, but there is little to no information regarding it how to remove. Most of the articles are for Windows or Mac machines (which it is targeted antivirus.about.com/od/virusdescriptions/a/Ilivid-Virus.htm), but not the Chromebook. I do not use Chrome as my browser. If someone knows more information for CHrombooks regarding this it would be helpful. I did go much of the process as the WIndows version of Chrome to see if this would remove the redirection, but nothing seems to be working. 

It might be just harmless, but to block the website and try some other process to remove it.  

Here are some of the links that pop-up every once in a while:

http://lp.ilividnewtab.com/?lpid=4067&appid=257&subid=w7C0F3K9ERS3JF4J0HQ04SQS

http://lp.ilividnewtab.com/?lpid=4129&appid=151&subid=w7C0F3K9ERS3JF4J0JHMFKIM

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 March 2015 - 11:03 AM.
moved from General Security to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

Reset Chrome...
Click on "Customize and control Google Chrome":
p22003758.gif
Click "Settings" then "Show advanced settings" at the bottom of the screen.
Click "Reset browser settings" button.
Restart Chrome.

If the above didn't help....

Reinstall Chrome...
If you want to save your bookmarks...
How to Backup Bookmarks in Google Chrome
If you want to save your passwords as well see here: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-backup-saved-passwords-in-google-chrome-browser/

• Close all Chrome windows and tabs.
  • Go to the Start menu > Control Panel. (Windows 8 users: Learn how to access the Control Panel)
  • Click Programs and Features.
  • Double-click Google Chrome.
  • Click Uninstall from the confirmation dialog. Delete your user profile information, like your browser preferences, bookmarks, and history, by selecting the "Also delete your browsing data" checkbox.

Install fresh copy.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 maggot7

maggot7

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

That doesn't apply to the ChromeOS on Chromebooks, Broni.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

In that case you better wait for someone who actually uses Chromebook.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 leoliger

leoliger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, I have gone through the process of something similar to that. However, I will try and reset the settings on the ChromeOS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users