Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message At Startup Livecd

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 01mercy

01mercy

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:18 PM

Hello,

When I boot from liveCD (slax & knoppex, same problem) I get the startup screen. When I go forward whithout a command, I get fail & error messages. I tried to startup when using the command for no hardware detection but the same errors still occur.

With knoppex the error only occurs when I startup with no hardware detection. Otherwise I get the penguin on a black screen and my computer totally freezes.

Computer spec:
1.33ghz AMD(athlon)
256mb ram
Asus video card gforce 5700
Asus motherboard
regular sound card

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cybormoron

cybormoron

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:33 PM

hit f1 or f2 for more options before the 10 second timeout. maybe try different cheat codes/boot options. found these;
http://www.slax.org/cheatcodes.php
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes

what version are you trying to run? can you decipher or write down the error code?

it may be that neither of these distros will run on your hardware. it may be easier to just try another distro. these are 2 completely different based distros. slax is slackware based. knoppix is debian based.

try PCLinuxOS. it's mandrake based. or ubuntu or mepis. these are debian based but may work.

probably hanging at detecting your video card or maybe nic card or modem.

Edited by cybormoron, 30 June 2006 - 10:34 PM.

I can no longer sit back and allow Microsoft infiltration, Microsoft indoctrination, Microsoft subversion, and the international Microsoft conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious open source GNU/Linux operating systems. General Jack D. Ripper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users