Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Default Permamently Deleteing All Files

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 koyoto

koyoto

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:27 AM

Each time I delete something it doesn't goto the recycle bin instead it is automatically permamently deleted. I've ran anti virus and spyware in safe much. When I goto recycle bin options they are greyed out. I also have limited file acess on an admin account and I've created a new account and had the same results. Also my ability to make "New folders" is also missing from the right click on desktop and anything else. If possible a step by step guide to reinstall

Windows Vista Home Prem Service Pack 2

Edited by koyoto, 28 March 2015 - 08:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

Hi koyoto :)

Right-click on your Recycle Bin and select Properties. Take a screenshot of that properties window and post it here please so I can see it.

mq1pzD6.pngHow to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool
Follow the instructions below to take a screenshot using Windows' Snipping Tool:
  • Press on the Win Key + R to open the Run box;
  • Enter SnippingTool and press on Enter;
  • The Snipping Tool will open, asking you to choose the area to take in the screenshot;
  • Left click on the area where you want to start the screenshot, keep it, and drag the cursor across the screen;
  • Once done, release the left button to take the screenshot;
  • In the editing window, click on the File menu then Save As;
  • Save the screenshot in a folder that you can access easily;
  • Once done, attach that screenshot to your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 koyoto

koyoto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:02 AM

Attached File  Capture.JPG   31.45KB   1 downloads

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:07 AM

It seems like there's instructions to fix that issue (and under Windows Vista as well). Here they are:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/131294-recycle-bin-corrupted-cannot-delete-file-folder.html

Let me know if you have any problem with a step to complete.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 koyoto

koyoto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

Tried that with and without safe mode. No Change.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:10 AM

You already deleted the $Recycle.Bin folder and it didn't change anything? Just read your last sentence in the first post, you want to reinstall Windows Vista?

unite_blue.png

#7 koyoto

koyoto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:14 AM

You already deleted the $Recycle.Bin folder and it didn't change anything? Just read your last sentence in the first post, you want to reinstall Windows Vista?

Currently downloading an imagine file for it and I used some sort of script to give me the key for whatever I'm running so I will try a full system reboot but there is no $recylce bin in my C file yet there is a recyle bin on my desktop I believe the issue is resolving around my inability to create new folders at all is my assumption. I'm due a system wipe but I wanted to at least try to resolve the issue manually to save hassle

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

Currently downloading an imagine file for it and I used some sort of script to give me the key for whatever I'm running...

Are you saying that you are using an illegal install of Windows?  What script are you referring to?  The only scripts which provide license keys...are all illegal.

Louis

#9 koyoto

koyoto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

Currently downloading an imagine file for it and I used some sort of script to give me the key for whatever I'm running...

Are you saying that you are using an illegal install of Windows?  What script are you referring to?  The only scripts which provide license keys...are all illegal.

Louis

http://www.howtogeek.com/206329/how-to-find-your-lost-windows-or-office-product-keys/

I'm using the text script example here.

Edited by koyoto, 28 March 2015 - 10:43 AM.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:24 AM

Sorry koyoto we had doubts after your last sentence since it could imply that you are using an illegal method to activate your Windows system. Are you done downloading that Windows Vista .iso? If so, do you know what to do with it after or not? The installation process is really easy I can walk you throught it if you need.

unite_blue.png

#11 koyoto

koyoto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:45 PM

Sorry koyoto we had doubts after your last sentence since it could imply that you are using an illegal method to activate your Windows system. Are you done downloading that Windows Vista .iso? If so, do you know what to do with it after or not? The installation process is really easy I can walk you throught it if you need.

I have a gist but walk me through it just in case please.

Edited by koyoto, 28 March 2015 - 02:46 PM.

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

Alright, do you have the Windows Vista image file downloaded? Do you have it burned on a DVD, or bootable a USB Flash Drive yet?

unite_blue.png

#13 koyoto

koyoto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:54 PM

2 hours left then I 'll have it on a cd. Not sure how to burn it one but I downloaded a freeware iso burner

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

You can use ImgBurn. Be sure to not accept the promotional offer in it (not that it matters if you reinstall Windows). Also, set the burning speed at a low speed, like x2 or x4 to make sure that the image burns correctly.

unite_blue.png

#15 koyoto

koyoto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:42 PM

It should be done soon. Go ahead and give me instructions please, I want to catch you before you go anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users