Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 won't boot. startup repair reports: Windows 7 partition size 0MB

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

after a kernel data inpage error bsod, My windows 7 laptop won't get past the "select operating system to boot to" (Windows 7), after I choose Windows 7, I get a black screen with a typing cursor in the upper left corner, and won't do anything else. It will sit for days like that if I let it. No windows 7 logo, no boot. So I booted up with a Windows 7 DVD and attempted startup repair which kept freezing in itself. eventually it asked me what OS I wanted to repair. all I had was an option to repair drive D, not C. and it said "Windows 7 (correct), and partition size: 0 MB (incorrect). My creative art stuff for work is on that computer so I desperately need help. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 EntrepreNoober

EntrepreNoober

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:41 AM

hi , didn't mean to get your hopes up with this reply.. but I posted a similar problem and I haven't got any replies yet either... I'm pretty screwed btoo.. sorry to hear what happened to you. I was just writing to you because i wanted to ask you if someone helps you out, do you think you could msg me to send the cure my way too plz and thanks ?? just desperate man..... happened out of nowhere

#3 bignurse

bignurse

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

Same problem.  Disk partition was corupted and windows doesn't boot at all. Recovery partition 90 mb files (on a 32 gb partion)and os partion 0 mb of files.  Unble to obtain a install disk, company keeps giving me the runaround since laptop is out ou warinty and wanting to charge me a fee to tell me they won't sell me one. The partion software showed that the os partion was much larger than the total capacity of the drive (280 gb for a 230 gb drive). If you can boot into a Linux Live CD and mount the drives you might be able to recover your files (it does work, done it before when it was just missing files) but to repair you will probably have to re-install windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users