Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

catalyst messed up my PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SheetyAcer

SheetyAcer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

So have a bit of a problem. A driver that I was downloading from catalyst seems to have put me in quite the pickle. About halfway through the driver download itself my pc just black screened and everything I try to do is seemingly in vain. If I run windows normally it'll just show the logo start loading for 30 seconds and then just go to a black screen. System restore/run from last successful boot both have the same result. The only useful piece of information i can get is that when I try to run in safe mode it goes through the list of drivers and stops at windows sys.32 drivers aswRvrt.sys i attempted to look this up and it seems to be some avast antivirus thing which i do have but there didnt seem to be any helpful solutions thanks for reading help if you can and sorry for my atrocious grammer using my phone for now.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 27 March 2015 - 04:55 PM.
Topic title changed due to language

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:25 PM

Do you have a Windows 7 DVD?

System manufacturer and model?

What web site were you downloading from?

What made you think that you needed to download anything?

Louis

#3 SheetyAcer

SheetyAcer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:57 PM

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download. - website. I do not have a windows 7 dvd. Computer is an acer predator G5900

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

Do you have a drivers CD/DVD?

I would think that Acer is the site from which you should be downloading drivers, see http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users