Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver for ATI Radeon X700?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 python72

python72

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

Can anyone point me to a driver for ATI Radeon X700?

I have downloaded one but after installation the Control Panel still shows my Video Card as uninstalled.

I have the following string displayed in details: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5B72&SUBSYS_03291043&REV_00\4&11C8B129&0&0108

I have XP 32 bit Pro SP3.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

Hi python72 :)

Apparently, your card have "legacy" drivers, which latest version is 10.2, in 2010. You can download them here from the AMD drivers webpage:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy1&os=Windows%20XP%20-%20Professional/Home&RenderOnServer=true

Download the Catalyst Software Suite package, pick a Custom installation then make sure every item in the list is checked and proceed to install them.

Also, according to the VEN and DEV Id, it would be a X600 series graphic card. Are you sure it's a X700?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 python72

python72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

Hi python72 :)

Apparently, your card have "legacy" drivers, which latest version is 10.2, in 2010. You can download them here from the AMD drivers webpage:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy1&os=Windows%20XP%20-%20Professional/Home&RenderOnServer=true

Download the Catalyst Software Suite package, pick a Custom installation then make sure every item in the list is checked and proceed to install them.

Also, according to the VEN and DEV Id, it would be a X600 series graphic card. Are you sure it's a X700?

It might actually be X600, would I still have to download the same Catalyst Software Suite or a different one?

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:24 PM

They would be different a think. Well, give a try to these ones, and if they don't work, try these X600 ones.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 python72

python72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

Aura,

Thanks a lot for your help, I actually swapped my video card to X700 ( I have bunch of them kicking around) and installed the software package from the first link you provided and it works great.

Thanks again.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

No problem python, glad that I could be of assistance :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users