Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome opens random advert tabs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NotNoV8

NotNoV8

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

Chrome opens random advert tabs.  Tried malwarebytes and a few other programs but they can't seem to find anything that's causing this annoying issue.  Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

Hello there, 

You can start solving this issue by removing suspicious software from your system. This may include toolbars or browser extensions. To remove unwanted programs from Windows please follow the steps in this link:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/uninstall-change-program

Furthermore resetting all browsers and disabling their add-ons could help. 

I would also recommend installing "Adblock plus" in order to eliminate all the popup's and ads from your browsers. https://adblockplus.org/

Hope this helps! 

Edited by masterthemachines, 27 March 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#3 NotNoV8

NotNoV8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:40 PM

Hi-

Thanks for the suggestions.

I went through all my software, everything looks as it should.

I removed most of the add-ons, only kept a few that I've always used, pre-advert tab issue

I already have Adblock Plus installed.

I still get those annoying ad tabs.  Is there anything else I can try?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users