Temporarily disable Malwarebytes' Protection Module, Startup and Service.
Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, click Settings
> Detection and Protection
and under Malware Protection
the box next to Disabled
Click Advanced Settings
and under Advanced Options
- Start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware with Windows
- Enable Malware Protection when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware starts
- Enable Malicious Website rotection when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware starts
Now disable the service...press the WINKEY + R
keys on the keyboard or click the Start Orb
and in the Open dialog box, type: services.msc
or press Enter
Alternativey, click the Start Orb
and in the Search Box
, type: the same command (services.msc) as you would enter in the Run Open dialog box...then click on it in the list of displayed results.
Windows Services will open:
- Click the Extended tab at the bottom to view all the info on your services.
- In the Services applet, scroll down the list and find the service called MBAMService.
- Double-click on the name of the service to open the Properties page.
- In the Properties Window > General Tab that opens, click the "Stop" button.
- From the drop-down menu next to "Startup Type", click on "Disable".
- Click "Apply", then "OK" and close any open windows.
Reboot your computer for the changes to take affect and let me know if that resolves the problem.
Note: After testing, repeat the above steps to re-enable Malwarebytes' Protection Module, Startup and Service.