Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove Firefox add-ons and plugins

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 whistler1

whistler1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:27 AM

I've just completed development of a new website, and was strting to think I had made some mistakes, because of problems viewing it in Firefox; however I dont see these issues on any of my other computers. (2 Linux, 5 Windows from XP to Windows10) or any other browser.

So basically its a Firefox issue. In safe mode (no plugins) its fine.  I've refreshed FF with nothing to show progress, just lost a load of settings etc.

I'd like to remove the old plug-ins (they are already marked as "Ask to activate" and never do ask.)

Why is it SO HARD???

This has been an issue for many years now - surely there is an easy way to get rid of extinct unwanted plug-ins?

All help appreciated

Mozilla says

How to uninstall plugins

Most plugins come with their own uninstallation utilities. For help uninstalling some popular plugins, go to this list of articles and select the article for the plugin you want to uninstall.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:29 PM

Hello, and Welcome.

Type about:plugins in the address bar of Firefox. Look at the path. Browse to the plugin folder and delete the plugin shown in the path.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users