Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.
I've also attach my MinitoolBox txt. Most of the time I get this BSOD while playing League of Legend. Please tell me whats wrong with my system so I can fix it. Also, the windows 8.1 is a fresh install into a new hard drive. Bought the motherboard and CPU as a combo from my friend, he never had this problem when had it.
The instructions for Memtest86 below were aimed at Windows 7, but I'm sure you can figure out how to use these with Windows 8.1.
Before start the Memtest86 you should test each modules individually. Remove one module and test the other in each slot. Remove that module and install the one which was previously removed and test it in each slot.
1) Please download the Memtest86 Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO file.
2) Unzip the downloaded memtest86 file. You will need a program like 7-Zip to unzip this file.
3) Intructions for using the 7-Zip can be see in the video below.
4) Inside, you will find the memtest86 file.
5) Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.
6) After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.
7) When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane. Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it. Click on Burn Disk Image.
8) In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use. Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn. Click on burn.
9) In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.
10) After the image has completed being burned click on Close.
11) Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run.
Please note: It may be neccessary to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order and the hdd second.
Each pass consists of 8 tests, it is suggested that you run at least 7 passes, this will take several hours, you may find it simpler to let it run overnight. The longer you run the passes the more comprehensive the results will be.
If you are running multiple modules and have a failure, remove all but one module and test it separately, continue this with each module till you find the one that failed.
When you discern that a module is good, use it to test each slot to be sure there isn't a problem with one of them.
When the test is complete a display similar to the one below will appear. Note the locations of the Pass and Errors, any Error is indicative of a failed module.
Press the Windows key and the X key at the same time.
In the menu which opens click on Device Manager.
Look for any yellow warning icons, or red error icons.
Do you have a voltmeter, or one which you can barrow?
Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life. You never know when one will leave you.