Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Potential Internet or Just New Computer Issue


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Faeryx

Faeryx

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

So today I got a new ASUS ROG G751JT-TH71 notebook running windows 8.1. I installed Google Chrome, Spotify, Avast, and Razer Synapse (I got a razer mouse too) as well as transferring some folders from the desktop of my old computer on a 1TB Toshiba external hard drive. Avast had scanned recently on the old computer so no viruses or anything brought over from that. Skype and Steam, which I used to start installing Civ V, but had to pause it early on, were already on it. I also uninstalled McAfee, which came installed, and some random bloatware that I don't remember all of, I know one of them was like a WildTangent games app and another was an ASUS Cloud Storage software that I installed and then uninstalled, nothing important though, I made sure. I have been having some DNS issues with my internet, but I ran troubleshooter which didn't turn anything up. I also restart the router regardless. I had to restart the computer a couple times to finish installs/uninstalls and the first time I restarted when it started booting back up it go stuck on a black screen so I turned it off and then back on with the power button and it seemed to work fine. Initially everything seemed fine, but over time images would stop loading displaying the cut page icon for a broken image and when I tried to play GIFs there would be tearing in the GIF and WebM video files stopped and started erratically and would just sort of break down into pixels at certain points. Spotify also started skipping very, very short bits of songs entirely or would get really staticy for a fraction of a second. This got progressively worse and worse until whole pages stopped loading for the most part and the browser acting like it had finished loading the page while half of it was missing, it was amazing that I was even able to make it this far. Pretty regularly at this point I've been getting an error from Chrome that reads:

 

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.

Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
 
This has happened on various sites while doing a variety of things. Finally, when I'm on the site 4chan and trying to load GIFs and WebM I get a red bar sometimes telling me that the image 404'd and is no longer available, this is happening in a variety of threads I know are still active.
 
I appreciate the help!
 
Update: Just testing stuff out here, restarted again it seems to have alleviated the issue a bit, but they are definitely still there. 
 
Another Update: Got a new error, this time it isn't on the typical Chrome error page, it's a page with no formatting except some colored highlighting on certain parts of the error code:
 

Server Error in '/support/Product/APRP' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
APRP_Web.Default.OpenidInit() +3916
APRP_Web.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +381
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3177

 

Yet another update: Okay, last one before I call it a night. For some reason occasionally when I tried to load a website Chrome begins downloads with random names and it just does the "starting" buffering thing, but never actually starts. One was called "download" another called "iframeplayer.html"

 
Again, update: So, this morning a friend suggest I update my GPU drivers. I thought they were up to date because before uninstalling McAfee it did a scan for updates, which I completed and restarted. I checked anyway though and it turns out they are not up to date. I tried updating them through the GeForce Experience interface and the download got to the very end and then stopped. The same thing happened when I tried downloading them directly from the Nvidia site, the installer download in Chrome got to the very end and then stopped.

Edited by Faeryx, 27 March 2015 - 09:04 AM.


BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users