Hi, i'm trying to make something nice from components i already have, buying new only something strictly necessary to make a decent system.
So here is my goal, get a decent system with the parts i already have, buying only the minimum.
I have had another thread but the motherboard changed and so i had to change everything because of compability.
Here are the components i have:
- Motherboard: INFINITY 975X/G
- Socket: LGA775 (if i won't be able to find anything decent i will mod it into a 771-like and use a Xeon as CPU)
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (LGA775) 2,66 GHz 4MB L2Cache 1333MHz
- GPU: 2x Sapphire HD2400XT 256MB GDDR3
or 2x Sapphire HD3xxx (i cannot remember the exact number right now)
but i would really consider buying something decent here, at least 1 GB. Open to suggestions.
- Sound Card: P45-T2RS PLUS
- Network Card: D-LINK Airplus xtreme G DWL-G520
- RAM: 2x Corsair XMS2 DDRW 2x1GB
Max Ram is 8GB in a 64-bit. 4GB in a 32-bit. I would like to hit at least 4GB and i've seen something nice with this: DDR2 SAMSUNG PC6400 800 MHz 240 PIN Definetively open to suggestions also here. If possible i'd prefer to use the 2 corsairs with something else that can fit with, although i know that mixing isn't that good.
- Power Supply: ENERMAX ELT500AWT (500W)
- HDD: HDD Seagate Barracuda, in a large stock so i've no problem..
Barracuda 7200.7; 7200.10
- Optical Drive: Super Multi Drive GSA-41638
Open to any kind of suggestion, comments and so on. Thanks!
EDIT: The case is a custom case, and there is all the needed space.
Edited by hoteldesperada, 26 March 2015 - 05:03 PM.