Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hope for Imprisoned Data...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pwmoss

pwmoss

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

AS I come t terms with the hijacking of My "Data" (funny that my writings and pictures...are now just "data"..) I am hopeful for a solution...the individuals who have reached out to financially extort us..by emotionally extorting  us whose only interenet use is personal..and those whose business matter require them to bow down to these crimminals...I see a new  need in my own life for being more circumspevc in how I go about living and communicating...As I read about the copilot locking the door and deliberately taking the german wings plane down...I am just shocked by the state of the world...I remember thinking the future would be better when I was a kid and that the amazing communications between peoples of the world by the net would improve the world ...It has but there has also been a price for that improvement..the certain consciousless..sociopaths who prowl the net and the streets ..are also more ravenous...I hope for the good citizens of earth to once again rise up and defeat the sociopaths...Just musing on this..and I thank you for helping me come to terms with this and to have hope for a solution for all us whose valued "Data" are for the time being imprisoned by these consciousless cretins...Thanks for the Website and the help..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

Hi pwmoss :)

Are you asking for assistance with your data (to recover it) or are you asking for something else?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

...I thank you for helping me come to terms with this and to have hope for a solution for all us whose valued "Data" are for the time being imprisoned by these consciousless cretins...Thanks for the Website and the help..

There is always hope but it could take some time. As my security colleague Nathan (DecrypterFixer) has stated several times to victims of various ransomware infections
..."if there is no fix tool, the only other alternative is to save your data as is and wait for possible updates".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users