Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TP-R470T+ Load Balancing Router

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 livingincebu

livingincebu

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

Greetings:

I have two ADSL WAN connections going into a TP-R470T+ load balancing router. From there, I have one desktop, one security camera system, and one Cisco WiFi router, connected to each of the LAN ports.

Prior to having the second ISP connected (yesterday), my FTP client (FireFTP) was working fine. Since adding the second ISP, my FTP client will not connect to my seed box. It will, however, connect to some other accounts I have. So, I am not really sure what the issue is here, or how to correct it. Is there a setting on the router I can change, that will allow the FTP client to access all my accounts? 

More importantly, what could possibly have changed, from the time I connected the second ISP to the router, to cause this issue? 

Thanks for any assistance you may provide. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

Are the wan ip subnets different or the same?

what type of load balancing did you configure?

#3 livingincebu

livingincebu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:51 PM

First, thanks for the reply.

Are the wan ip subnets different or the same?

Subnet Mask? Yes. They are the same.

what type of load balancing did you configure?

Well, neither option was ticked in this window. I get the best speeds (combined) if I leave both unticked. That is, when I test the connection, I get the combined total of both ISPs, which is about 15 megabits down, about 2.5 Megabits up.

Attached File  Screenshot 2015-03-27 08.46.33.jpg   55KB   0 downloads

Edited by livingincebu, 26 March 2015 - 08:52 PM.

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:03 AM

Subnet refers to the ip addresses not the subnet mask. 78.67.89.34 is a ip address in a subnet.  255.255.0.0 is a subnet mask.

Are the wan port subnets different?

If you enable balance routing do you still have the issue?

#5 livingincebu

livingincebu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

Subnet refers to the ip addresses not the subnet mask. 78.67.89.34 is a ip address in a subnet.  255.255.0.0 is a subnet mask.

Are the wan port subnets different?

If you enable balance routing do you still have the issue?

Each modem has a different IP address, yes. 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1. The LB router is 192.168.0.1 Of 5 ports on the router, two are WAN, three are LAN. No matter what combination of boxes I tick (regarding the options shown in the attachment above), it still doesn't connect completely. 

This is just one heck of a headache for me, for sure. 

Edited by livingincebu, 27 March 2015 - 10:21 AM.

#6 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:18 PM

Those are routers not modems.  Usually you want your load balancer to have the public ips not private ones.  It doesn't help having nat devices between it and the internet.

To clarify are you connecting to your seedbox via the lan or via the internet as from the outside internet to inside your lan?

Edited by Wand3r3r, 27 March 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#7 livingincebu

livingincebu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

Those are routers not modems.  Usually you want your load balancer to have the public ips not private ones.  It doesn't help having nat devices between it and the internet.

Well, they are modem / routers. TP Link models, actually. In fact, the LB router is as well. They go to the WAN inputs of the LB router.

To clarify are you connecting to your seedbox via the lan or via the internet as from the outside internet to inside your lan?

I am connecting - or attempting to connect, to my seedbox that is located in another country, via the internet.

I appreciate your patience with me. Not sure what NAT means?

#8 livingincebu

livingincebu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:20 PM

I finally decided to try something here. 

If I turn either of the modem / routers off, but leave the other on, the FTP client connects. If, however, I turn both on, it will not. 

Does that help?

Edited by livingincebu, 27 March 2015 - 11:23 PM.

#9 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:09 PM

Sounds like it is trying to go out one interface and come back in the other would be my guess.  There should be a way to configure that prevents this from happening.  Might want to consult the tech docs or post a question in the manufacturers forums to see if they have a answer.

#10 livingincebu

livingincebu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

Thanks, I will try that. 

How I wish I had that old D-Link back again. 

#11 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

I think its the public IPs creating problem.....

Some sites bind a user login to one IP till a predefined time expires/user signs out. Sort of security...

eg: In our community, assume you login, open a page  and wait for few minutes, then connect your machine via a new network / allow your modem to get a new IP from your ISP, then refresh the page of community, you'll be signed out and asked to login again.

just my 2c

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#12 livingincebu

livingincebu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:50 AM

I think its the public IPs creating problem.....

Some sites bind a user login to one IP till a predefined time expires/user signs out. Sort of security...

eg: In our community, assume you login, open a page  and wait for few minutes, then connect your machine via a new network / allow your modem to get a new IP from your ISP, then refresh the page of community, you'll be signed out and asked to login again.

just my 2c

Thanks for the input,  CV.

Yeah, I use IPB as well, for two forums I run. While I do not get logged out of the forum, if the IP changes, I do get logged out if it does when I am in the control panel. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users