Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

360 total security

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tony007

tony007

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=360+total+security I have recently started using 36 total security I have found it to be ok up to now has any one else here used it? I would like to know there opinions of it.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 March 2015 - 01:46 PM.
moved from Windows 8 to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

Hi tony007 :)

Total Security 360 is an "okay" product if you ask me. It does the job and also have good rating in pretty much every aspect of an Antivirus product: detection ratio, effectiveness, resources usage, scan time, etc. The only issue that I have with that edition (Total Security) is that it includes a bunch of features that are close to the ones offered by PC Boosters/Optimizers (which are useless programs) and since you don't need them, it bloats the product more than anything else. If I was to use a Qihoo product, I would use 360 Internet Security which does just the same, without all the bloat. A lot of people are suspicious about Qihoo products since it's from a Chinese company and there can be some shady conditions of use but none that I'm aware at. If the product works for you then it's great. If you want to switch for another free Antivirus we can also give you recommendations on other products.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

Some folks seem to like the fact that Qihoo 360's AV products are free and effective, but Qihoo is known to use deceptive marketing tactics. Not to mention that the suite itself incorporates a ton of unnecessary "bells and whistles" that can bloat your machine.

Performance-wise it looks okay, but everything else? Not so much.

I wouldn't trust them to be honest. After all common sense is the most important - if you are not a careful surfer then no security solutions in the world will be able to save you from infections.

#4 Avalon60

Avalon60

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

I tried 360 AV, but found there were too many popups for my liking, so I uninstalled it. I did try it for a week or so though, but didn't think it was any better that Avast which I use.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

tony007...we just had a 3 page discussion in this topic only a few months ago so you may want to read the comments there.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,925 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

I use 360 Total Security Essentials on one computer and find that it is very light. Essentials is Total Security without all the other add-ons like Clean-up,Speedup, and Patch-up which I find unnecessary on a AV. You can also add Bitdefender and Avira Engines as an option.

Edit: If Qihoo was not to be trusted then I am not sure why Microsoft is partnering with Qihoo.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/qihoo-360-and-microsoft-partner-for-windows-10-distribution-300053563.html

Edited by JohnC_21, 26 March 2015 - 04:18 PM.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:20 PM

Well there's people that don't even trust Microsoft itself so there's that :P Everyone is free to have their doubts and suspicions. Personally I hold none against Qihoo, but some people do.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:56 PM

The links I provided in Post #7 of the topic I noted above were compiled by members of our MRT during a discussion we had. Most of us were not impressed.

#9 tony007

tony007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

I've read the 3 page discussion and have decided to continue using 360 total security until something bad happens if it ever does. Thanks all for the replies.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

No problem tony, our pleasure :)

unite_blue.png

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users