Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nortons Internet Security 2006 Scans

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SuzanneMarie

SuzanneMarie

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:39 PM

I have Nortons Internet Security 2006 and I Have Windows XP. Overall I Have no problems with Nortons it seems so be working fine I run scans with it once a week, but I have noticed every now and then maybe once or twice a month it starts doing a full scan all by Itself. The first couple of times I let it finish in case it had detected something (I was browsing the internet on my ISP's Homepage) but it didn't find anything. But it doesn't always happen when I am on the internet. I also have Ewido's and Spybots and I have done A Panda Scan they all come up with nothing. Is there a Automated setting within Norton's that I am Missing? Has anyone got any ideas?
Thank You :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:14 PM

Hello

Norton does have its own automated scan, its not obvious with Security Suite 2006 like in previous versions, but it will run them,so its nothing to worry about!
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#3 SuzanneMarie

SuzanneMarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:11 PM

Thank You Very Much!! :thumbsup:

#4 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:29 PM

You are welcome, drop by anytime with your questions

Happy browsing
:thumbsup:
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users