Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installation of .NET Framework 4.5.2 failed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KCav

KCav

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 has failed to install on my notebook. The first failure occured on 3/14/14. I followed the link to more information, downloaded an ran an installation utility that also incured a fatal error, but it recorded a log file.  :spider

In the log file it says MSI (D:\3dac6fa8787h6ad68aa2f34b899a\netfx_Full_GDR_x86.msi)

Installation failed.   :huh:   

The installation of Microsoft .NET Framewaork 4.5.2 on my Windows 7 32-bit SP1 notebook has failed 3 times. 

03/14/14, KB2600271 Code 66A

10/23/14, KB2931356 Code 80246005

03/12/15, KB2901983 Code 643

Could it be for the same reason? How should I diagnose the problem.  Could someone help me unravel this mystory?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:08 AM

I would start Here .

Louis

#3 Robbie7712

Robbie7712

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

It's only for 64 bit !

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:03 PM

It's only for 64 bit !

System Requirements for .NET Framework 4.5.2

Supported Operating System

Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2

Hardware Requirements:

1 GHz or faster processor
512 MB of RAM
850 MB of available hard disk space (x86)
2 GB of available hard disk space (x64)

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 KCav

KCav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:40 PM

Hi - thanks for your thoughts about my problem installing .NET Framework 4.5  

The notebook where I would like to install it is running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit with SP1.  The notebook is a Dell, Latitude E6400 it has a Dual Core 2.26 GHz CPU, RAM 3GB, free hard disk space is about 30GB.

KC

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:44 PM

As a matter of practice, I always install .NET updates separately by themselves after installing all other updates and patches for the OS. I cannot remember the last time I had a .NET installation failure doing it that way.

If you encounter repeated issues, sometimes it's better to just uninstall/reinstall .NET Framework. Remove all versions of .NET Framework via Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs) in Control Panel. Restart the computer when done, then go to Windows update or Microsoft's download center for .NET Framework versions to download and reinstall .NET Framework.

This is the procedure provided by Aaron Stebner in his Blog article What to do if other .NET Framework setup troubleshooting steps do not help.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 KCav

KCav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:46 PM

As a matter of practice, I always install .NET updates separately by themselves after installing all other updates and patches for the OS. I cannot remember the last time I had a .NET installation failure doing it that way.

If you encounter repeated issues, sometimes it's better to just uninstall/reinstall .NET Framework. Remove all versions of .NET Framework via Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs) in Control Panel. Restart the computer when done, then go to Windows update or Microsoft's download center for .NET Framework versions to download and reinstall .NET Framework.

This is the procedure provided by Aaron Stebner in his Blog article What to do if other .NET Framework setup troubleshooting steps do not help.

Hi Quietman7 - When I tried to remove all versions of .NET Framework I found:

1. none listed in Programs and Features
  2. Windows Explorer,  C:/ProgamFies/Microsft.Net/Primary Interop Assemblies -- there were 5 DLL files
  3. Processo Explorer showed mscorsvw.exe .NET Runtime Optimization Service
  4. Windows Update History showed Microsoft NET Framework KB2901983 failed numerous times, KB2931356 failed, KB2600217 failed.  There were about 27 NET Frameworrk updates that were successful. 

Where are the successful updates?  There is nothing to delete using Programs and Features.

What is .NET Runtime Optimization Service?  

KC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users