Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer lecturer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nida12

Nida12

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

i am going for interview of computer lecturer in university . can anyone guide me how prepare my interview i have no idea.................

Mod edit: oved to Chat from Win7 ~~ boopme

Edited by boopme, 26 March 2015 - 10:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 441 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:12 PM

Normally I wouldn't criticise spelling or grammar, but because of the position for which. you are applying, I feel I must. Please reread your sentence, and make sure that you speak properly to your interviewer.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

georgehenry, if you look at the information under the poster's name you will see that she is located in Pakistan.

English may not be a language she uses and she could have used translation software in order to post in English.

Her spelling and grammer in her native language may be perfect.

Sometimes people forget that is a forum with members from all over the world and they do use translation software.

Or maybe she has a rudimentary grasp of English and is doing the best she can with it.

#4 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 441 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

I'm sorry if the person was not able to use english very well, but the advice is basically sound. If somebody is going to be a lecturer, the spoken word is very important.

#5 Nida12

Nida12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:27 PM

hmmm i think grammer is not important and i wil be use my country language which is urdu for interview .... anything about computer

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

Your technical / professional knowledge must be up to the desired level or you would not be getting an interview, so . . .

Keep calm. Don't say the first thing that comes to your mouth when asked a question - take a moment to think about your reply. Ask questions, an interview is a two way street - it is not just will you suit them, it is also will they suit you ?  Prepare an answer to the question 'Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years ?'.

Oh, and be prepared for the odd really silly question, I have been asked some splendid ones. Perhaps the best, when I was 25, 'Are you rebelling against your parents ?'

Good luck,

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#7 Manish Nasa

Manish Nasa

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:11 AM

Best of Luck Nida :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

#8 Nida12

Nida12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

technicle questions???

#9 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

It's some little time since I was at University - shall we say 20++ years? - but I don't suppose the requirements of a lecturer have changed much. You will be required to lecture, prepare lesson plans, hold tutorial/seminar groups, mark work, provide guidance to students and perhaps carry out research of your own or supervise research students, and, no doubt, carry out your share of departmental administration.

Apart from your own technical and professional knowledge - which as I said above must be up to standard - the only technical questions I would expect you to be asked, or indeed to ask yourself, would be related to your own interests in the field and to how you expect to advance them. On the information available it is impossible to be more specific.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users