Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD every 20 minutes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Derfell

Derfell

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

I'll start with my current specs.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1GB)

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA

Motherboard: Asus 787 A Socket 1150

RAM: 2 x 4GB Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance

PSU:Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU

I've made multiple threads on Reddit, Tomshardware and 4chan and no one has been able to solve my issue.

In January 2015 I decided to upgrade my CPU and Motherboard so I took my PC to a local shop and had them do the upgrade. As I was moving from an AMD CPU to an Intel one they re-installed my OS as well and made sure all the drivers were up-to date. I took the PC home and started using it by day and leaving it on by night to torrent. Every morning I'd find that the PC had restarted over-night as it had crashed. After a week or so it would hang and then crash every day with error code 0x000000F4.

I took it back to the shop and left it with them for a week, they were never able to make it crash. I took it back home and it crashed straight away. I asked them to replace the motherboard and CPU and test it so they kept it for another 3 weeks. I took it home again and it crashed straight away.

At this moment all I had plugged in was a keyboard, mouse, screen and Ethernet cable. I took out the Ethernet cable, switched the mouse and keyboard and it still crashed. I plugged the PC into my TV instead and it still crashed. This showed it wasn't an issue with my peripherals. I then decided it could be Windows and wiped the SSD and re-installed Windows 7. It crashed again. I decided to run MemTest86 and it froze after 20 minutes, I unplugged the SSD and the test ran perfectly and showed over 800 errors for my old RAM. I replaced the RAM and tested it again, no errors. The PC however was still crashing.

I guessed the shop had bleeped something up and didn't want to pay out of pocket to fix it so I took it to another shop. They kept it for another 3 weeks and told me that they couldn't find ANY errors and that it never crashed even when they had it on for a week straight.

I took it back home and this time plugged the power cable directly into the socket rather than through an extension cable. It worked perfectly for 30 minutes before crashing again. It's now refusing to start up and is only showing the flashing "_" key on a black screen.

This is an image to show the most recent MiniDump files. I'd include today's ones but the PC refuses to start.

http://i.imgur.com/BJBrBEQ.png

http://i.imgur.com/mzDkldM.png

I've spent just over £1500 on this PC and another £400 on a laptop so that I have something to work on. 2 companies have tested the hardware/software for a month and not found an issue. I've replaced everything that plugs into the PC and it crashes only for me. The PC crashes whether I'm idle, playing games, watching movies or browsing. It only started crashing when I replaced the motherboard and CPU.

My last option is to pay over £200 for another company to come to my home and try to resolve my issue, could someone please help me out as I am at my wits end.

------------------

I left the PC on overnight with just a screen, keyboard and mouse and it didn't crash so I thought the issue was resolved. Plugged it into the same socket with the same lead and it crashed so I thought my issues were over as I had found the problem. I used a different lead and socket and sued the PC for a few hours before it crashed again, it's now crashed 3-4 times with error code 0x0000007A and I don't know what's causing it.

Edited by Derfell, 26 March 2015 - 08:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Derfell

Derfell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

Bump.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users