Have you ever "stopped to think".........and forgot to start again....
If you mean stop to think and then forgot why I went to Google in the first place, then yes
Now that your basic security is taken care of, we can address other things.
- Have you installed all required drivers and Windows updates?
- Backup (this is the most important
): Do you have any pre-existing backup solutions? Two good free backup software are Macrium Reflect Free
and EaseUS Todo Backup
- Web browser: Which one is your browser of choice? If you would be kind and tell me, I'll see what I can do to improve your browser's security.
- Defragmentation: You can use the built-in Windows Disk Defragmenter, or Defraggler
. Be noted that SSDs do not require defragmentation, and doing so will shorten their lifespan.
- Junk cleaning: You can do it via the built-in Windows Disk Cleaner. If you want a more friendly software then you can use CCleaner
- Software update: Set all your applications to "Automatically update". You can use Secunia PSI
or Heimdal Free
to check for outdated software on a regular basis.
- Other security tools: Consider using Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
to defend against exploits, and CryptoPrevent
for defense against ransomware.
If you have any other concerns, do not hesitate to ask.