Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having Slowed And Flawed Performance

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maz621

maz621

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:55 PM

I just recently upgraded my computer with 1 more GB of ram and a new power supply and was experiencing great performance. However things randomly started goin wrong one thing at a time. Some webpages started requiring me to click for active x control which they never did before and some even crashed when I did click. My task bar is having errors too such as not allowing me to unminimize an application using right click and sometimes if I have more than 1 browser up I cannot bring up a page thats already maximized while I have another one maximized instead it just starts blnking orange on the taskbar. Also when I open a new application it no longer is automatically selected it also just starts blinking orange in the task bar. And finally a game i was playing without any issues before(battlefield 2 online) is now having huge frame rate issues and lag issues that it was not having at all before all this started to happen. My first thought was malicious software but neither spysweeper nor mcafee found anything for me. Any help would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:27 PM

Go through the "slow PC troubleshooting checklist" pinned to this forum:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44690/slow-computer/

If you have already done these things, then it may be a hardware issue with the new RAM. Please let us know if the checklist helped.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users