Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Superantispyware Pro cannot update (firewall problem?)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jumpsuit38

jumpsuit38

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:26 AM

When I select "check for updates" in the Superantispware program it returns an error saying that my firewall is blocking superantispyware.exe. I do not think this is the problem. 

I checked this out and did not find any problems-- windows firewall shows Superantispyware is allowed to execute.

I think it has something to do with another problem I solved having to do with a setting I set from manual to automatic but I cannot remember the details other than it was something like Visual something or other option.

The "LAN" settings talked about on the Superantispyware web page I have already done-- I checked and unchecked the switch and it made no difference.

I made sure the "proxy server" indicator at the bottom of the "LAN" settings box was not checked.

So nothing else was said what to do to fix this problem-- I'm open to any ideas

Edited by Orange Blossom, 26 March 2015 - 02:10 AM.
Moved from Windows 7 to AV forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:32 AM

Hi jumpsuit38 :)

Did you try reinstalling the program yet to see if it solved your issue? When a program presents you a weird error, it's basic troubleshooting to uninstall it first and then reinstall it. Also, SUPERAntiSpyware should only take a few minutes of your time to uninstall and reinstall. Try it first, then let us know what it gives.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,077 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

Sometimes the servers are busy, undergoing maintenance, etc and there could be problems completing the update. Are you able to manually download the definitions from here? Click on the link for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop...then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users