Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xbox 360 controller installing as headset?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jayme1112

jayme1112

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

just as the title says!  when I turn on my Microsoft  wireless xbox 360 controller and it pairs with the Microsoft xbox 360 pc controller receiver, it shows up as a headset. it seems to be pairing ok but why it is showing up in my "devices and printers" as two devise baffles me. I don't even own a Microsoft headset. basically this is what's happening: when I turn on my controller, it pairs with the receiver just fine. after that, it shows up in my "devices and printers" as xbox  wireless controller and xbox wireless headset. like it's 2 different devices. then after about a minute  or so, the headset icon  in "devices and printers" goes away. I have troubleshooted this for hours with no luck. every time I uninstall and reinstall and or update, it's  the same end result. I never had this issue on my other pc. thanks!

MB: GA 78LMT USB3

CPU: AMD FX 6300

MEMORY: MUSHKIN 8GB DDR3 1600

HDD: WD BLUE 500GB

GPU: POWERCOLOR R9 280X

PSU: ROSEWILL ARC M550

Edited by jayme1112, 25 March 2015 - 05:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users