Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel File Corrupted

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cberger01

cberger01

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

I have an excel file that is corrupt. On 2/27/15 we were infected with a file corruption virus. I am not sure the name exactly, I just know it was detected very quickly, stopped and removed, and we thought we had recovered all of our damaged files from backup. However at this time I have 1 excel file that is saying it's corrupted when we try to open it similar to what it would say when hit by a virus. The thing that puzzles me is that the last modified date of the file says 2/12/15, before the virus hit. All of the other files that were hit had their modified dates changed to 2/27/15 as they were hit by the virus. So my question is how do I know if a virus caused this and could there possibly be a way to recover the file. I have tried all of the things I can find on the web, converting the file to .txt, using excel open and recover and have no success. I saw an old post from 2014 where someone sent the file to someone who could tell specifically if it was hit by a virus or not.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. We do perform nightly backups and I have 2 backup drives but all have the 2/12/15 file and are corrupted as well.

Thank you for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users