Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After downloading, installing ccleaner, ESET-online*, malwarebytes active is ina

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brseavey

brseavey

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:34 AM

I used those to programs to clean out much malware. Afterwards the active protection of my malwarebytes was set to off. If I log on as sysadmin, reset the settings, save the settings, then reboot, it is reset to inactive. I uninstalled ccleaner and ESET, reset malwarebytes, rebooted and the problems remains. I don't see any ESET or ccleaner processes or files, but I can't reset my mwb active protection. Now when I try to run malwarebytes it hangs after 2 seconds, tells, then terminates, and says the scan did not finish successfully and offers:  "view detailed log", which when I click just leads me to C:

Edited by hamluis, 25 March 2015 - 09:15 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

IMO you still have issues with malware re-post in Am I Infected, be patient that is a very busy section but has great helpers.  

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:07 AM

Hi brseavey :)

Concerning Malwarebytes, it looks like the installation has been corrupted/damaged. I suggest you to fully uninstall it via the Control Panel, and to run mbam-clean.exe to clean the installation remnants before proceeding to reinstall it. Instructions on how to proceed can be found in the thread below:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/122284-mbam-clean-removal-process/

Also, we can see if you still have malware left on your system.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:
    • Flush DNS;
    • Report IE Proxy Settings;
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings;
    • Report FF Proxy Settings;
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings;
    • List content of Hosts;
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Devices - Only Problems;
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size;
      ZrlQbFb.png
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

brseavey...when you're having issues with Malwarebytes, one of the solutions generally suggested by the Help Desk to try first is to uninstall/reinstall as follows:-- If using the Premium version, you will need to reactivate Malwarebytes' using the license ID and key you were sent by email. Make sure you save that information so it is readily available when reinstalling.
-- Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab and check for updates if not done during installation.
-- Restart the computer again and verify that Malwarebytes is showing in the task tray if using the Premium version. Then setup any file exclusions that may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications.

Do this first and let me know if it resolves the problem.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users