Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Machine Crashed - will not boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MurphyMan

MurphyMan

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

Hello all.  Built a new machine from Newegg components, bases on the ASUS A78 motherboard.  Installed a Patriot Blaze SSD and my old hard drive from my old machine.

I originally installed Windows 7 from an old disk I had from a previous laptop I owned. The computer never ran right and  was acting up, so I popped for a Windows 8 Full Version disc and it seemed to work okay.  But at this point I was running off of Win 8 but Win 7 was still on the SDD.  I think it had a .OLD extension.

Well, tonight, everything came to a halt.  No warning.

When it tries to start, it goes into Startup Repair, but nothing gets fixed.  There are some problem signatures identified:

ProblemEvent Name: StartupRepairOffline

Problem signature 01: 6.3.9600.16384

Problem signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem signature 03: unknown

Problem signature 04: 2

Problem signature 05: ExteneralMedia

Problem signature 06: 1

Problem signature 07: OsVersionMisMatch

OS Version:  6.1.7600.2.0.0.265.1

Locale ID:  1033

Of course I tried rebooting off the Win 8 installation disc, but it just goes into the StartupRepair. I would sure appreciate any help.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users