Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Keeps Restarting Immediately After I Log on and I Can't do Anything

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Optiplex

Optiplex

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:28 PM

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to this website. Anyways, my Dell Optiplex 3020 running Windows 7 Professional has a serious problem that I'd like some advice and help fixing. 

I've over the course of a few weeks have had adware and other viruses popping up and disrupting my computer. I usually just go to the 'Control Panel' and go to 'Uninstall' and uninstall some sketchy software that popped up.  I imagine the problem of adware and other viruses came when I installed a poorly made video editing software. I do not remember the details of the names of the website or software. I finally decided to do something more permanent about this problem and I installed Malwarebytes to fix the problem. Malwarebytes found many viruses and removed them. After removing them, they prompted me to restart my computer to finish the cleaning process, but I did not do so as I was busy doing something else. Now fast forward to today, I ran Malwarebytes again and was prompted with a message to restart, and this time I did restart. However, upon logging back in, I was soon prompted with the message "Dell management agent service terminated unexpectedly" and seconds later my computer restarted. This keeps happening every time I log back in and there is nothing I can find on the internet to help me. Even if I don't log back in it restarts after 30 or so seconds. 

After logging in, I have some seconds to try to do something quickly before it restarts again. I've tried accessing Google Chrome but I get "Error 104" even though I am hard-wired to the internet. 

This computer is fairly new and I am not sure what to do at this point. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Optiplex, 24 March 2015 - 04:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

Have you tried getting into safe mode, if you are not sure how during start up tap F8 repeatedly.  If you do make it into safe mode some help should e available.

You will want to turn off automatic restart:  http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/automatic-restart-windows-7.htm

Edited by OldPhil, 24 March 2015 - 04:49 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Optiplex

Optiplex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

I don't think that is working. I was able to be quick enough and I disabled automatic restart, but it restarted anyways. So I pressed F8 and disabled automatic restart from there but it is still restarting. 

What do I do once I get into safe mode? 

#4 jiteshjmedh

jiteshjmedh

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

Are you able to login to safe mode.?

#5 jiteshjmedh

jiteshjmedh

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

if you are able to login to safe mode try out clean boot

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

#6 Optiplex

Optiplex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

I was able to login to safe mode and I performed a clean boot. My computer is restarted and there is only a pop-up by Dell Data Protection saying "The biometric authentication service is not functioning properly". I just selected to ignore it and I was prompted to log in, which I did so successfully. There was thankfully no immediate restart and no error message about dell management. I am still having internet connectivity issues of some sort though, but at least it isn't restarting anymore. 

The internet issue now is that when I open Google Chrome it says "Error code: ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED". I am hardwired to the internet, and have a great connection. All of the other computers connected to my network are all connecting to the internet fine.

Again, thanks a million for the clean boot tip, but now if anyone could help me with that I'd appreciate it enormously.

Edited by Optiplex, 24 March 2015 - 06:03 PM.

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,238 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

You should have a service tag on your machine, with that you can go on the Dell sight and log on with that number.  Let them check your machine to see if they have a solution.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#8 jiteshjmedh

jiteshjmedh

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:43 PM

For Dell Data Protection  i would suggest you to reinstall or contact dell technical support for the same 

For Internet Issue try out to reset IE and Google Chrome check the lan and proxy settings in internet options 

also try out the steps from the above link 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/error-137-net-errnameresolutionfailed-unable-to/7784166e-908d-4ba6-a486-7c1ddc9c6a3d

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users