Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

End of Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

Greetings; I recently read where IE is going to end. Right now, I can click on to the big e and get my home page no matter what it is. What will be the practice when IE is gone. As I understand it, there are options such as; Opera, Firefox 3, Google Chrome and Saffari 4.  I do have Google Chrome but when I click on that I don't have that home page layout as with Yahoo and MSN where I can navigate to the news and events. Hope you understand this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

You probably meant that Microsoft is replacing IE with a new browser codenamed "Spartan" (I hope it wasn't an obvious Halo reference...)

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

IE will be around for a very long time not to worry.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

IE is part of Win 8 and all previous versions of Windows.  It's not going to be removed from those O/Ses.

There is no guarantee that any future version of Windows will have a browser known as IE...but there is no guarantee that there be that elusive thing we call "tomorrow."

Louis

#5 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

I love philosophy.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

I do have Google Chrome but when I click on that I don't have that home page layout as with Yahoo and MSN where I can navigate to the news and events

You know that you can set up your favorite homepage for every web browsers? Even many at once? I once had Google Chrome set up in a way that when I would open it, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and GeeksToGo would open all at once. You can do it too. Also, Internet Explorer will stay present on the current version of Windows and it'll be supported till the end of life. It just means that it most likely won't be updated anymore and it'll be replaced by Project Spartan.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users