Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hai!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheN00bBuilder

TheN00bBuilder

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:18 AM

Well, this looks like just a dandy computer forum.... I think I might stay.

Okay, all stupidity out of the way, I have finally joined these forums after being kicked from Tom's Hardware, as 90% of them now are neckbeards who like saying how much better then you they are.

Here's my rig;

Phenom x6 1400T (unlocked 840T) at 4 GHz.....most of the time.

Biostar TA970

NZXT Respire T40

8GB ADATA XPG 1.0 DDR3-1600 9-9-9 RAM.

Gigabyte Windforce R9 270 (X unlockable, haven't tried yet)

Corsair TA750 PSU

Antec Eleven Hundred V2 case.

Adesso MKB-135B keyboard. (Mechanical FTW!)

Logitech M500 mouse.

Well, I hope I can enjoy these forums and can't wait to see you guys on here!

Sorry if I snap at you. I can't stand stupid for more than 5 minutes at a time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Javrak

Javrak

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

Welcome to the forums, and nice setup. Looks to be a very savvy performance/dollar ratio. Something I notice, issues getting a good stable clock out of the phenom? I was having issues with my Phenom II x4 945, was only able to get it up to 3.4 Ghz without locking under load(by load, I mean the cpu intense arma engine). I've since moved on to an intel processor.

#3 TheN00bBuilder

TheN00bBuilder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:24 PM

Yeah. I found out it was my RAM that was limiting me. Once I got the ADATA stuff to replace my old OCZ stuff. Before I could only get to 3.2 stable. Also, you need to be crazy about voltage, too.

Sorry if I snap at you. I can't stand stupid for more than 5 minutes at a time.

#4 Javrak

Javrak

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

Yeah I kept stepping up the voltage slightly, trying to get a stable clock, I think the major drawback I was having was the 945 chip wasn't the best to OC. Others had issues with anything over 3.4 being stable aswell, and I was afraid to get TOO crazy with the voltage. I haven't really done much OC tweaking on my i5-4670k. Heck, I haven't even installed my corsair h80i into it yet either, just not enough time in the day....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users