Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which one is better?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Radium1662

Radium1662

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:39 AM

I am planning to buy a Laptop for my studies and mild gaming. Which one of these two shall I choose? Intel Core i5 4210u with 8gb DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD R7 M265 or Intel Core i7 4210u with 8GB DDR3 RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4400. Both have 1TB Memory. Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:52 AM

I would go get the i5/4gb option provided the i7 counterpart has no graphics card.
Some companies/vendors offer customising the product before checking out. If yes, upgrade the ram to 8gb if allowed.
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 Radium1662

Radium1662
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:51 AM

Alright, but does the AMD Graphic Chipset make much of a difference. Because I wouldn't be playing any hardcore games and I will be using it for mostly study purposes...

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

Hi,
AMD Radeon HD R7 M265 is suitable for higher end games too like crysis, cod, battlefield, gta etc as well as applications like cad and designing software. (http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R7-M265.109394.0.html).
If you decide to buy a laptop with no graphic card, it cannot be changed at a later stage after you buy it. (means you cannot upgrade graphics like you do in a desktop)
Intel integrated graphic chip is enough for basic graphic tasks and games.
May I know the laptop models you are looking and what type of games you would play?
Also, there is no i7 4210 processor. Please recheck your specs.
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#5 Radium1662

Radium1662
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:32 AM

The processor is 4510u sorry for wrong specs. And I was choosing from the Dell Inspiron 5547 Series. I will be playing some COD and a bit of GTA. Pl. can you suggest me some laptops...

#6 Radium1662

Radium1662
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:40 AM

And pl. tell me some fields to look after, like which graphic sets and which processors and how much RAM should I choose.

#7 Radium1662

Radium1662
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

I found this Laptop the best. HP Pavilion 15-p208TX, It has a 5th gen Intel Core i7 5500u, 8GB RAM, 2 GB DDR3 Nvidia GeForce 840M. This fits my needs perfectly.

#8 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

First of all, what's your budget?

Since you will be playing games, you will need to have a graphic card other than the integrated one.

Depending on your computing needs, you will have to choose the cpu . i5/i7 depending on budget.

For gaming, you must buy an external cooling pad and a keyboard/joystic (to keep your laptop keys okay)

Go for nvidia GPUs if money allows.

4GB is moderate, but 8 gb would be better.

#9 Radium1662

Radium1662
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

Budget is a issue. Budget below ₹65000. So I found this suiting my needs for mild gaming and running some editing softwares. Anyways thank you for letting me choose a better laptop.

#10 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

rate varies from 58k to 62k for HP Pavilion 15-p208TX I think its a good choice. :)

May be local shops have some offers

Ask for screen gaurd and keyboard skin along with cooling fan.

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 24 March 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#11 Radium1662

Radium1662
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

Thanks a lot, Nikhil appreciate it.

#12 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

Glad to know. If money permits, buy 15-p209TX. Its listed around 66k but has Full HD screen resolution.

More resolution, more clearer the display.

#13 Radium1662

Radium1662
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

Alright, I will keep it in mind. Thanks again.

#14 Radium1662

Radium1662
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

Hey just wanted to say thanks again. I got the Hp Pavilion 15 - p209tx at a good price. And I am extremely happy with it, it runs NFS Rivals and Watch Dogs smoothly... Thanks again.

#15 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:05 AM

Good luck. :)
But try to have a cooling pad to keep the temperature under control while you game plus external keyboard if you go hard while you game...
Around $20 max....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users