Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keep getting windows Asterisk sound...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TheEclipse

TheEclipse

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:43 PM

My apologies, I posted this in audio thinking it was an audio issue, but after giving it some thought I think it may be a driver conflict and better suited to be posted here.

Anyway, about a week ago, while using Google Chrome... All of a sudden, while watching youtube videos or sitting on facebook, my computer would spam constant Window's Asterisk sounds with no error messages. I tried for a few days to fix it, thinking it may be malware or a virus, but even when my system was cleaned it persisted. I figured it was a problem with Google Chrome because when I Switched to firefox the problem ceased. So I un-installed Chrome and moved to Fire Fox (I also un-installed and re-installed all of my audio drivers).

Unfortunately, when I sat down to play Crysis 3, I started to get the Asterisk spam again. I play other games, none of which have the same issue. For now, I simply disabled the Asterisk sound from playing.

I believe I'd rather fix the problem then let it persist, but it seems harmless enough. I'm not really sure why I'm having this problem or how to fix it. There also seems to be very little information out there on it... Does anyone have any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users