Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burn Files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 biferibiferi

biferibiferi

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:59 PM

I have win7 and I was Burnning Video Files to my DL Blank DVD.

I would put the DVD in the Drive and use the Win Box that would open.

It would say do you want to Burn these Files to Disc.

And it was working good.

Now I put the same DL +R DVD in the Drive that I have been useing.

And now the Win Box opens and asks me if I want to Burn these files and I click YES.

Then I Drag my files to the Disc and click Burn.

Then I give the Disc a name and put a check in use with any DVD Player or something like that.

The other option is for Use This Like A USB Flash Drive so I do not use that option.

Then I click next.

In here I pick my speed and yes I leave it at Default.

And I do not put a check in Close Window After Burnning.

And then click Burn and it starts to Burn and give me a Graph.

After say 5 SEC. the screen goes away and the Drive will still spin.

I come back in 20 MIN. and the Drive is still sping.

So I hit the Eject Button on my PC and it will not stop spinning or Eject.

I have to Power Down the System and Bootup again to open the Drive.

And if I put my Disc back in and open it it did Burn my Files to it.

And no in the Burn window there is no check Box for Eject Disc when files are Burn.

So why is my Burn window closeing as it is Burnning it use to show me a Graph for the whole thing?

And the Drive wont stop or open after it Burns?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:50 AM

It could be the drive , or the program not completing its function.

Try downloading ImgBurn and install that and see if the error repeats , its a free burning application.

Post back result.

#3 biferibiferi

biferibiferi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:27 PM

Ok I do have the program CDBurnXP and I put a Blank DVD +R in the Drive and it Burned the File to the DVD.

And as it was Burnning it the Prograss Bar satays on screen till it got to the end.

Now I know this works and my Burner works so something happened to the Win7 Burnning program.

If I just put the same Blank DVD in the Drive win7 Burn screen opens and asks me how I want to Burn the disc.

I click next and Give the Disc then I click next and Drag the same file into the Burn window.

I click Burn Disc.

And win7 prograss Bar start to move then the Burnning screen goes away and the Drive spinns very very very fast and will not stop or open even if I go away for 60 Min.

And I have to shutdown the system and restart to open Drive.

So I know Win7 has something going on.

I know I can use CDBurnXP since it works but I would like to know why Win7 Built in Burnning program is acting up and wont work?

It is not good to just keep leaving something that goes wrong and move to another program.

Win7 will just end up with a lot of things going on that you never end up Fixing.

So what is a good step to try now?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users