Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Typing The Wrong Characters

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MaaD

MaaD

• Members
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

My keyboard was working fine and then it start to type the  wrong characters, eg, when I hit the "0" I get "/"  My computer is a Lenovo G530 MT 4446

How can I fix this? Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 13,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

Try the fix in this link if you haven't already......3 Ways to Fix a Keyboard That Has the Wrong Characters - wikiHow

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 MaaD

MaaD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 557 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Thanks, but that didn't fix it

Edited by hamluis, 24 March 2015 - 12:32 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 13,001 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

Well, at the bottom of those fixes was this....if the fixes didn't work then your keyboard may be broken. There was a work around given, too.

But I think I would test using a different keyboard first.

QUOTE: As an alternative, use a macro scripting program such as AutoHotkey (open source and free) or AutoIt (freeware). Create macros that type the correct key value, then map them to the key that is producing the incorrect key value.

Maybe another member has another suggestion/ solution.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 MaaD

MaaD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 557 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

I found a fix .... it's simple but unbelievable and it work!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8J7TJBSBPo

Edited by hamluis, 24 March 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 13,001 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:20 PM

Good.....The video that opens is How To Change The NumLock On And Off On A Laptop ......is that the fix you used or another video on that page?

#7 MaaD

MaaD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 557 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:23 PM

Yes, that's what I used.

Edited by hamluis, 24 March 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#8 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:23 AM

- There's an extremely simple solution for this: Just simply press the Shift & Ctrl key simultaneously. And your keyboord should be back to normal.

#9 MaaD

MaaD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 557 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:32 AM

That's what I have read all over, but that didn't do it for me!

Edited by hamluis, 24 March 2015 - 12:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users