Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

a lil hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 javig

javig

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

Just a lil hello, i joined because im having a malware problem and saw someone else with the exact same malware,  tried to support the op with a reply, but it won´t let me. Anyways hi.

If anyone is interested to help here is the topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570814/infected-with-pop-up-ads/

Regards

JG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

Javig, if your having a Malware problem than create your own post. You can refer to that one if you want to give the person helping you some insight into what your problem is, but you can't comment on other people's topics. Besides, the instructions given to that person are specific to them and wouldn't work for you. If you have a malware problem start your own topic and someone will be glad to assist you removing it. Anyway, Welcome to BC.

-Benjamin

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:40 PM

The topic you want to reply to is in Malware Removal Logs.

That forum is highly restricted-replies can only be made by the person who started the topic, members of the Malware Removal Team, designated Study Hall Seniors and BC staff moderators and above.

We understand you were only trying to support another member with malware/possible malware issues. While we greatly appreciate your willingness to do so we have special rules in place with regards to malware removal to ensure that members only receive help in this complex and critical area of support from those we know are well informed and trained.

At the top of the Malware Removal Logs Forum is this

Only members of the Malware Response Team or Moderators are allowed to help people with logs. Anyone else should refrain from posting to another user's log.

Before the system was changed there were good intentioned members who wanted to help and did post to log topics even though they should not have. Anytime this happened, the replies were removed from the topic.

The policy also prevents "Me to, I have the same problem" posts in MRL topics.

If anyone did want to help in that topic he/she would not be able to.

If you know or suspect that you system is infected follow the directions here. Post the requested logs in the Malware Removal Logs forum.
Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

#4 javig

javig
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

Oh i see, thanks for the heads up, I´ll make my own topic.  :)

Jg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users