Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird FPS drops with Dual monitors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 prizna

prizna

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:02 AM

I have 2 monitors (1920 x 1080) connected to my Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 770 (GV-N770OC-2GD):

BenQ XL2430T (Primary)
BenQ E2420HD (Secondary)

I currently have my XL2430T (Primary) set to 120hz and connected by Dual Link DVI-D, my E2420HD (Secondary) set to 60hz and connected by Single Link DVI-D.

This is the first time I have had more than a single monitor so sorry if this is a stupid question.
I have noticed that if I have a game running on my secondary monitor (60hz) while I have anything else on my primary monitor (120hz), I get FPS drops for that game (Fluctuates between 40 and 60 FPS).
If I play the game on my primary monitor (120hz) while having anything else on my secondary monitor (60hz) there are no FPS drops.
I also get no FPS drops if I play a game on my secondary monitor if I lower my primary monitor from 120hz to 60hz and have both monitors running at 60hz, and I know that it seems stupid to be playing a game on the secondary monitor but I am still curious. I have monitored my CPU, RAM and GPU while these drops occur and they are far from maxed out so I am sure that this is not an issue with any of those.

From searching I have found that disabling Windows Aero (Win7 Home Premium 64 bit) 'fixes' this issue but as a result causes screen tearing, I really would prefer to leave Windows Aero enabled as I like the look of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users