Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New graphics issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Malavio

Malavio

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:08 PM

I am running a windows 8.1

biostar A880GZ MB with

4G of gskill Ripjaw Ram

1TB HDD

550W PSU

I am trying to install a MSI Radeon R7 250x 2G DDR5 vid card. I can't seem to get it to work, I am making sure it is plugged in and seated correctly.  I have tried to pop out my ram and re seat it. I have uninstalled the drivers from my last graphics card as well. All to no avail, all I get is a black screen, I can't get to bios or start screen or safe mode. I know the card is good as it was just in my buddies rig and it worked beautifully. I am at my wits end and I do not know what else to do, would someone help.

Edited by Malavio, 22 March 2015 - 10:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Malavio

Malavio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

I was able to solve this issue, turns out my bios was out of date. I updated my bios and the card started working like a dream.

#3 illestrate

illestrate

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:08 PM

Nice, this is a common problem for outdated BIOS that doesnt have the support software for new devices.  Happens often bro!

#4 Malavio

Malavio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:43 PM

Ya this is the first time I had ever updated the bios, my buddy was able to talk me through it and we got the card going great. Thanks for the response!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users