Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Hardware isn't working properly.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DrakePC

DrakePC

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:42 PM

I restored my computer to factory settings and..

My hardware, isn't working at all. For my Display adapters, it should be named "Radeon™ HD 6900 Series", take a look at what's happening with my other hardware too.

qhsjBsM.png

I have dual monitors, and now it's showing the same thing on both monitors. It's named "Generic PnP Monitor", it should be two dell monitor drives.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:41 PM

Since you restored your computer to factory settings did you re-install the drivers for your Radeon card ?  Unless this was installed in the computer when you bought it the factory restore would not include the drivers for it. If you don't have the drivers to hand you can get them from AMD here -

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

I would not worry too much about the monitors showing up as 'generic PnP monitors' so long as they are both connecting and showing what you expect to see on them. If you sort out the Radeon drivers that might solve this query as well.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 illestrate

illestrate

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:10 PM

Gotta update the drivers.  They probably have new driver updates for most of your compomennts.  Use slimdrivers or drivebooster google those get the free versions will automatically detect your drivers and update.  Remember to make a backup!

Edited by illestrate, 23 March 2015 - 07:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users