Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vertical scrollbar

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 johnsnook

johnsnook

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:13 AM

a vertical scrollbar just appeared on my pc laptop, I think it is somehow connected to gadgets, it is right in the way of some of my normal widows 7 icons and tools on the right side of my screen. I have tried to delete it thru my admin account but every time I try it gives me a popup that says admin privledge is required, even though I am in the admin account. Can someone please help, thanks      John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

Please post a screenshot of this.

How to make a screenshot

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot. 

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 johnsnook

johnsnook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

OK, I tried to capture screen, but I don't know if it shows the sidebar or not because the sidebar is always on my screen, even at startup

Attached Files

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:40 PM

Does the vertical scroll bar look anything like the image below?

scrollbar_zpsvehd5j6o.png

What happens if you use this scroll bar?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 johnsnook

johnsnook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:56 PM

Yes, it is similar, but there are 6 lines that are left of the gray scroll in your example, 4 white ones and 2 gray that stretch out to about 1/2 inch and they are transparent in between those lines, in other words I can see the screen inbetween the lines. And it works like any other bar, if you click and hold the tab it will scroll up or down

Edited by johnsnook, 22 March 2015 - 04:59 PM.

#6 johnsnook

johnsnook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:01 PM

Oh. and I only have the vertical one

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

If there are six scrollbars to the left of the one on the far right they should be visible in your screenshot.

Are there any labels in these scrollbars?

Do they look anything like the ones here?

#8 johnsnook

johnsnook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

Yea, I don't know why they don't show up, but they are there. They are not scroll bars, they are just vertical lines to the left of the scroll bar. Did the scroll bar show up in the shots I sent? they don't in my copies. but I assure you they are there, at least on my pc. They show up immediately when I boot the system, before I even log in or go to any page or program. And no they don't resemble any of your examples, except for the scroll bar itself looks like this with out the red as in this link: (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.stack.imgur.com/oYyjm.jpg&imgrefurl=http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11169634/remove-the-scroll-in-the-solution-explorer&h=315&w=264&tbnid=2bdYe-STOwlfVM:&zoom=1&docid=fWyZg30EMS6pxM&ei=8XcPVYWuFsOsyATQ8YCwBw&tbm=isch&ved=0CFIQMygnMCc)     and then there are vertical lines to the left of the bar that start about thesame place as the left red line and extend over about 1/2", and I can see the page inbetween those lines, if I can find a way to draw an example or find another way to take screenshot that works, I will send it. I could not send the image of the example because I got a message that it was not allowed in this forum TY John  PS   there are no lables

Edited by johnsnook, 22 March 2015 - 09:26 PM.

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:03 PM

Do you have cell phone with a camera or a camera? You could take a picture of it. If using a cell phone, email the photo yourself, save it to your computer, upload to imgur and post the link here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users