Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fixing Broken Lid

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JasonJ81

JasonJ81

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:34 AM

Hey guys, I'm new here and aspiring to be a good hardware tech, so I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody. I've ran into a bit of an issue with my HP laptop. The hinge on my laptop lid broke and it is now being held up duct-tape. I want to find a replacement lid but am having trouble finding one that I can sure is compatible. My specific laptop is an HP 2000-211 HE Notebook and I have been able to find some HP 2000 lids on ebay that look a lot like it but I believe a lot of the 2000 series lids look a lot alike and the item description doesn't get any more specific than the fact it is for an HP 2000 series laptop. My question is are most of the lids for the 2000 series interchangeable between the specific models? My laptop screen is a 15.6 inch. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:38 AM

Ask the sellers with high ratings if it will fit, they want to keep their ratings and should be honest.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,970 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

Go to HP Partsufer and enter your serial number. You should get a parts list.  If you find your lid hinges cross reference that number to anything on ebay.

Here is your service manual. See page 22 part 5 for you hinge kit  646123-001 which looks like they are integrated with the LCD frame.

Here is the support page for your computer. I would have to assume all HP 2000 notebooks would have the same hinge kit.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

I'll second JohnC_21 and go for a matching part number, that way you don't have to worry about it.  Just because it is the same size doesn't mean that the connectors will be the ones you need.

#5 JasonJ81

JasonJ81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

Okay, thanks for the help guys. I will check on the part number here in a few minutes and tell you how it all went. 

#6 JasonJ81

JasonJ81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:29 PM

Yes, I was able to find the part numbers for my laptop. I was able to find some parts after typing in the part number. Thanks for the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users