Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo K450e HDMI vs VGA working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steven.groves

steven.groves

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

I just got this computer directly from Lenovo. If I use an HDMI connection it will take FOREVER to load or not load at all. If I use a VGA connection it will load instantly. I hear contacting Lenovo sucks so that is why I am trying here. For example. I had it loading and it has been nearly 30minutes loading connected to the HDMI connection and is now on the Windows 8 screen. 

Just got a new computer running Windows 8.1. If I have a VGA cable connected to it, Windows seems to load very rapidly and works well with no issues. If I use just the HDMI cable, Windows takes up to 30 minutes to load and every things takes a long time to load.

How can VGA vs HDMI depend on how fast Windows loads and works.  What is causing this issue??? PLEASE help.

I did try to install my old video card from my old computer that was purchased about 8 months ago. It does have a windows 8.1 64-bit driver but the hardware would never be found and it would not go directly to the on-board VGA with the graphics card in. 

Please Help
Mod Edit:  Merged duplicate posts re same issue - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 22 March 2015 - 01:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:44 AM

How PC connects to monitor does not affect boot speed of the Windows OS the reason why HDMI connection affecting boot process of the Windows OS could be your monitor is not setup correctly which could result of no image on monitor display or Windows OS or graphic card software is not set correctly make sure to adjust the resolution, color quality, and refresh rate, mode for multiple displays and select the signal format for a standard TV or HDTV (high definition television). You can use the graphic card software to adjust settings.

Posted Image

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

What are you using for a monitor, please post the make and model.

How do you have the Source set?

How do you have the resolution set in Windows?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 steven.groves

steven.groves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

well I got it fixed. I just reinstalled teh video card and this time i noticed that it set in better. thanks for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users